Dealing with Children Missing from Care Training Course (Level 3)
When a child or young person goes missing from care it can be a distressing and upsetting time for everybody involved including family, friends and support teams.
This training course considers what is meant by the term ‘missing from care’, considers the different ‘opportunities’ when young people may be more likely to go missing, the reasons why and states the procedure which all organisations need to follow for dealing with this situation.
This training course considers how organisations must ensure confidentiality and data protection is maintained and how to deal with issues including working with the police and dealing with enquiries from the press. This training course considers the process for planning when a young person is found and will be returning to their care and how the role of an ‘appropriate adult’ may relate to cases of missing children and young people. This is a Level 3 accredited course.
- Understand what ‘missing from care’ means
- Understand reasons why vulnerable children and young people may go missing from care
- Understand sector regulations and legislation for protecting children missing from care
- Understand the procedure to follow in reporting cases of children missing from care
- Understand ways to assess risk and safeguard vulnerable children
- Understand how to preparing for the return of a missing child or young person once located
- Describe and compare the meaning of 'unauthorised absence' and ‘missing from care’
- Explain and evaluate the different reasons why children and young people may go missing from care
- Compare the different occasions and opportunities when children may go missing from care
- Describe how incidences of a missing child or young person can impact on families and support teams
- Explain and evaluate the process for responding to an incident including risk assessment requirements
- Analyse requirements for data protection, confidentiality and information recording
- Analyse the procedure to be followed in relation to identifying and locating children who go missing
- Explain and evaluate the process which must be followed with informing the press about missing children and young people
- Explain and evaluate different ways of assessing the risk of children and young people from going missing from care
- Describe ways of safeguarding children who may be vulnerable to going missing from care
- Explain the importance of planning for when a missing child or young person is located and their return
- Describe the purpose of an appropriate adult and how this can relate to missing children and young people once they are located
The course content are accredited by the Open College Network (OCN) Credit4Learning as a Level 3 course.
Each learner completing this course will receive an accredited Level 3 certificate of learning.
Links to QCF Units
This training course is designed to meet the standards outlined in the new Children’s Homes (England) Regulations which were introduced on 1st April 2015 and can contribute to outcomes of QCF units including the National Diploma for the Children and Young People’s Workforce.
This Children Missing from Care training course is designed for professionals working with children and young people including support teams, education professionals and foster carers.
This Child Missing from Care training course is available as in-house training at a venue of your own choice throughout the UK.
Training Course Duration
1 Day (please contact us if you require training which runs to a different timescale).
Get a Price or more information...
Just fill in this quick form and we will email you an all inclusive price, don't worry we will never add you to any marketing lists - promise. If you want more information first thats great - just get in touch
We ask for location and approximate numbers because we include any expenses in the quotes we give so you get one clear price
If you have any questions, want more information or interested in a series of courses please phone us on 01625 520434 or email us
Why Choose Ringway Training? Read some of our clients past comments