Equality and Diversity for Champions and Team Leaders Training Course (Level 3)
Every organisation must demonstrate that employers and employees actively embrace a positive culture towards equality and diversity.
This training course focuses on professionals who are keen advocates of equality and diversity in their place of work either as a team leader or as a champion of equality and diversity (or as both). This training course considers the meaning of equality and diversity, the purpose and nine protected characteristics of The Equality Act (2010) and discuss ways of promoting a positive culture within teams and the workplace.
This training course identifies what is involved in the role of a champion of equality and diversity, the support to be provided to succeed in the objectives and how people can be engaged in a positive way to successfully promote the ‘messages’ of equality and diversity throughout the workplace. This is a Level 3 accredited course.
- Understand what Equality and Diversity is
- Understand principles and requirements of The Equality Act (2010)
- Understand the role of a Champion of Equality and Diversity
- Understand policy and procedure requirements
- Understand ways to promote the meaning and importance of culture, diversity and difference
- Understand ways of providing advice and guidance to colleagues
- Describe the meaning of equality and diversity
- Explain the meaning of the terms equal opportunities and discrimination
- Evaluate how a person’s own values and beliefs change and adapt through different stages of life
- Analyse how other people, our experiences and opportunities influences our personalities
- Explain and evaluate the principles of the Equality Act (2010) including the nine protected characteristics
- Describe the requirements of an effective equality and diversity policy and procedure
- Describe the purpose and components of an equality and diversity statement
- Describe the role of a champion of equality and diversity
- Compare how equality and diversity principles and promotion in children, young people and young adult support services may vary from other sectors
- Explain how a champion of equality and diversity needs to be supported by their employer
- Explain ways of ensuring a positive culture towards equality and diversity are being promoted
- Explain and evaluate different team building activities which a team leader and/or a champion of equality and diversity can use to promote an understanding and awareness of equality and diversity
- Describe methods of providing information, advice and support to colleagues and other individuals including ways to raise concerns and complaints about equality and diversity
The course content are accredited by the Open College Network (OCN) Credit4Learning as a Level 3 course.
Each learner completing this course will receive an accredited Level 3 certificate of learning.
Links to QCF Units
This Equality and Diversity training course can be used as contributing evidence to relevant units of the Level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare 2015 QCF (England). This course is also relevant to professionals working in the adult sector.
This equality training course is designed for professionals who work with children and young people (and adults) who are either in a team leader role or are becoming a champion of diversity (or both) and need to learn more about what equality and diversity is, related legislation, the role of an equality and diversity champion and ways to implement practice and engage other people.
This Equality and Diversity training course is available as in-house training at a venue of your own choice throughout the UK.
Training Course Duration
1 Day (please contact us if you require training which runs to a different timescale).
Get a Price or more information...
Just fill in this quick form and we will email you an all inclusive price, don't worry we will never add you to any marketing lists - promise. If you want more information first thats great - just get in touch
We ask for location and approximate numbers because we include any expenses in the quotes we give so you get one clear price
If you have any questions, want more information or interested in a series of courses please phone us on 01625 520434 or email us
Why Choose Ringway Training? Read some of our clients past comments