Team Leading in Social Care Training Course (Level 3)
Effective team leading is essential in the provision of services which provide support to children and young people. This is a special skill, a craft and an art form which needs to be nurtured through time and experience. It is a role which often requires a hybrid of working alongside young people whilst leading and motivating teams and individuals through daily tasks and focusing on long term goals. The responsibilities can be broad and can include supervision, recruitment decisions and financial budgets.
This training course focuses on the role of the team leader, styles of leadership, team and individual behaviours, motivational tools and responsibilities of the team leader. This training course also examines the regulations and requirements of team leaders as described in the Children’s Homes Regulations (2015) and Ofsted and also considers the wider responsibilities of Health and Safety at Work and Data Protection and Confidentiality.
This training course also considers the importance of debriefing and ensuring that legally required employment welfare facilities and practices. This course is ideal for professionals who are new into a leadership post, inspiring to be involved in leadership and for professionals who are newly into a role of a Registered Manager. This is a Level 3 accredited course.
- Understand the meaning of leadership
- Understand leadership roles and styles
- Understand dynamics of team behaviours
- Understand theory models of leadership and management
- Understand leadership industry regulations and legislation
- Understand the importance of debriefing and wellbeing
- Understand the use of motivational tools in leadership
- Describe the meaning of the term ‘leadership’
- Explain key skills required for a leadership role
- Explain and analyse your own natural role in a team
- Describe the meaning of an ‘adopted team role’
- Explain and analyse your own adopted role in the team
- Explain and evaluate different types of team dynamics and behaviours
- Explain and compare the different types and methods of leadership and management styles
- Explain and evaluate different theories of management including; Belbin’s team roles, Tuckman’s team behaviour model and Maslow’s hierarchy of needs model
- Explain and evaluate leadership and management regulations of the Children’s Homes Regulations (2015), Ofsted, Health and Safety and Data Protection
- Describe the different models of incident debriefing
- Explain and evaluate the benefits of completing incident debriefing against the risks of not completing incident debriefing
- Examine and explain different motivational tools to use with teams and individuals
The course content are accredited by the Open College Network (OCN) Credit4Learning as a Level 3 course.
Each learner completing this course will receive an accredited Level 3 certificate of learning.
Links to QCF Units
This Team Leading in Social Care training course is designed to meet the standards outlined in the new Children’s Homes (England) Regulations which were introduced on 1st April 2015 and can contribute to outcomes of QCF units including the National Diploma for the Children and Young People’s Workforce and Team Leader/Management Awards. This course is also suitable for professionals who are newly into a Registered Manager position.
This Team Leading in Social Care training course is designed for professionals working in the children and young people sector who have additional responsibilities in team leadership, including those who are new to, or inspiring to move into team leader role including professionals who are newly into a Registered Manager position.
This leading teams training course is available as in-house training at a venue of your own choice throughout the UK.
Training Course Duration
1 Day (please contact us if you require training which runs to a different timescale).
Get a Price or more information...
Just fill in this quick form and we will email you an all inclusive price, don't worry we will never add you to any marketing lists - promise. If you want more information first thats great - just get in touch
We ask for location and approximate numbers because we include any expenses in the quotes we give so you get one clear price
If you have any questions, want more information or interested in a series of courses please phone us on 01625 520434 or email us
Why Choose Ringway Training? Read some of our clients past comments