Autism Training for Assessment Professionals Training Course (Level 3)
This training course is designed for professionals who work within the children, young person and/or adult support sector and are involved in completing service assessments for people who are on the autism spectrum.
This training course provides a good insight into autism spectrum conditions with a specific focus on the skills required when completing autism specific care assessments by professionals including social workers, community care officers and care navigators.
This course explores the range of challenges experienced by people with autism, the impact of these on carrying out social care assessments and provides key tips on methods of undertaking assessments which respond to the specific needs of people who are on the autism spectrum.
- Understand what autism is
- Understand the main characteristics of autism
- Understand the Triad of Impairments
- Understand challenges and behaviours of autism and how these can impact on carrying out social care assessments
- Understand legislation and assessment guidance documents (Autism Act, NICE, RAS)
- Understand how to complete autism friendly assessments
- Explain what autism is
- Describe facts and myths about autism
- Describe the difference between autism and Asperger syndrome
- Explain the Triad of impairments and how this is used as part of diagnosis and assessment
- Describe characteristics and challenges of autism and how these may be presented and identified as part of an assessment process
- Explain sensory integration and regulation challenges of autism
- Explain theories of why woman may have an increased risk of being misdiagnosed or fall short of the diagnostic eligibility criteria and how this can be recognised as part of an assessment
- Analyse key legislation relating to supporting an adult with autism and national guidance including NICE and the Resource Allocation System (RAS)
- Explain and evaluate challenges experienced by people with autism which could impact on their ability to take part in an autism assessment
- Explain adjustments which could be used as part of the assessment process
- Review the use of assistive technology as part of an autism specific assessment
- Explain and evaluate the theory of enablement (preventative) intensive support for those outside of eligibility criteria
- Describe ways to undertake assessments which respond to the specific needs of people with autism
The course content are accredited by the Open College Network (OCN) Credit4Learning as a Level 3 course.
Each learner completing this course will receive an accredited Level 3 certificate of learning.
Links to QCF Units
This Autism Spectrum Conditions (ASC) training course is designed to meet the standards outlined in the new Children’s Homes (England) Regulations which were introduced on 1st April 2015 and can contribute to outcomes of QCF units including the National Diploma for the Children and Young People’s Workforce. This course is also suitable for professionals working with adults.
This Autism for Assessment Professionals training course is designed for professionals who complete care assessments for people with autism including professionals working within the children, young people and/or adult support sector.
This Autism Spectrum Conditions (ASC) for Assessment Professionals training course is available as in-house training at a venue of your own choice throughout the UK.
Training Course Duration
1 Day (please contact us if you require training which runs to a different timescale).
Get a Price or more information...
Just fill in this quick form and we will email you an all inclusive price, don't worry we will never add you to any marketing lists - promise. If you want more information first thats great - just get in touch
We ask for location and approximate numbers because we include any expenses in the quotes we give so you get one clear price
If you have any questions, want more information or interested in a series of courses please phone us on 01625 520434 or email us
Why Choose Ringway Training? Read some of our clients past comments