Recognising and Responding to Concerns of Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE) Training Course (Level 3)
Child Sexual Exploitation is a serious issue which every professional who works with children and young people need to have a good knowledge about.
This training course discusses what Child Sexual Exploitation is, considers the issues which can increase vulnerability for children and explores the different potential indicators which may raise concern that a child is experiencing sexual exploitation.
This training course identifies the meaning of grooming and trafficking and explores the range of different models of exploitation which support teams need to be aware of and able to recognise.
This course confirms the regulatory requirements which children’s services must comply with and how support teams must respond to any concerns or allegations of child sexual exploitation. This is a Level 3 accredited course.
- Understand what Child Sexual Exploitation is
- Understand influences of Child Sexual Exploitation
- Understand indicators of Child Sexual Exploitation
- Understand what trafficking is
- Understand legislation and regulations relating to Child Sexual Exploitation
- Understand models of Child Sexual Exploitation
- Understand recording and reporting procedures
- Understand ways of supporting children and young people
- Define the meaning of the term Child Sexual Exploitation
- Evaluate and analyse possible influences which may increase the vulnerability of Child Sexual Exploitation from occurring
- Analyse the connection between grooming and exploitation
- Describe the different stages of the ‘grooming line’
- Evaluate and analyse different possible indicators of child sexual exploitation
- Describe the meaning of the term trafficking
- Explain the three stages of trafficking
- Explain the key purposes of; The Children Act (1989), The Sexual Offences Act (2003), The Criminal Justice and Immigration Act (2008), The Protection of Children Act (1978) and The Criminal Justice Act (1988).
- Define the key regulations relating to child sexual exploitation of the Children’s Homes Regulations (2015)
- Assess the different models of exploitation
- Determine the procedure to follow when dealing with disclosures, allegation and suspicions of Child Sexual Exploitation
- Explain and evaluate different preventative ways of working
- Analyse different ways of supporting children and young people who are vulnerable to the risk of Child Sexual Exploitation
- Describe sources of external support and advice
The course content are accredited by the Open College Network (OCN) Credit4Learning as a Level 3 course.
Each learner completing this course will receive an accredited Level 3 certificate of learning.
Links to QCF Units
This Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE) training course is designed to meet the standards outlined in the new Children’s Homes (England) Regulations which were introduced on 1st April 2015 and can contribute to outcomes of QCF units including the National Diploma for the Children and Young People’s Workforce and the National Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults).
This CSE training course is designed to meet the learning needs of people who work with children and young people who have been victims of exploitation and/or grooming or are vulnerable to risks of being exploited and groomed, and need to know more about the meaning, actions and indicators, influences, legislation and support systems.
This Child Sexual Exploitation training course is available as in-house training at a venue of your own choice throughout the UK.
Training Course Duration
1 Day (please contact us if you require training which runs to a different timescale).
Get a Price or more information...
Just fill in this quick form and we will email you an all inclusive price, don't worry we will never add you to any marketing lists - promise. If you want more information first thats great - just get in touch
We ask for location and approximate numbers because we include any expenses in the quotes we give so you get one clear price
If you have any questions, want more information or interested in a series of courses please phone us on 01625 520434 or email us
Why Choose Ringway Training? Read some of our clients past comments