Data Protection and Confidentiality Training Course (Level 3)
Data Protection is a legal requirement for every business and organisation which must be able to demonstrate measures have been taken to ensure confidentiality and the safe handling of information. This is a legal duty on all sectors who collect and store information about people.
This training course considers the broad issues of data protection and discusses the meaning and purpose of the Data Protection Act (1998) and how this relates to individual roles including the paid and volunteer sector and the legal requirements which must be put into practice to ensure legal compliance.
This training course also discusses the type of data being collected, the allowed use of this data and the requirements for ensuring data is stored safely and confidentially. This is a Level 3 accredited course.
- Understand what ‘Data Protection’ is
- Understand what ‘Handling Information’ and ‘Confidentiality’ means
- Understand your role and responsibility in data protection
- Understand requirements of the Data Protection Act (1998)
- Understand how to meet legal requirements in the collection, use and storage of information
- Understand limitations in the use of personal data
- Describe the meaning of Data Protection, Handling Information and Confidentiality
- Analyse the key principles of the Data Protection Act (1998)
- Explain and evaluate the role and purpose of the Information Commissioners Office (ICO)
- Define the eight core principles of data protection
- Explain and evaluate the implications employers and employees of not adhering to legislation
- Describe data protection requirements relating to marketing, postage, email and social media
- Describe the legal rights which people have in accessing data held about them
- Describe methods of ensuring safe holding, confidential storing, processing and suitable use of data
- Explain ways of ensuring that employers and employees meet legal requirement
The course content are accredited by the Open College Network (OCN) Credit4Learning as a Level 3 course.
Each learner completing this course will receive an accredited Level 3 certificate of learning.
Links to QCF Units
This Data Protection training course is designed to meet the standards outlined in the new Children’s Homes (England) Regulations which were introduced on 1st April 2015 and can contribute to outcomes of QCF units including the National Diploma for the Children and Young People’s Workforce. This course is also suitable for professionals working with adults and any business or sector which has to comply with the Data Protection Act (1998).
This Data Protection and Confidentiality training course is designed for professionals working with children and young people including support teams, education professionals and foster carers. This course is also suitable for professionals working with adults and any business or sector which has to comply with the Data Protection Act (1998).
This Data Protection and Confidentiality training course is available as in-house training at a venue of your own choice throughout the UK.
Training Course Duration
1 Day (please contact us if you require training which runs to a different timescale).
Get a Price or more information...
Just fill in this quick form and we will email you an all inclusive price, don't worry we will never add you to any marketing lists - promise. If you want more information first thats great - just get in touch
We ask for location and approximate numbers because we include any expenses in the quotes we give so you get one clear price
If you have any questions, want more information or interested in a series of courses please phone us on 01625 520434 or email us
Why Choose Ringway Training? Read some of our clients past comments