Understanding and Working with Personality Disorder Training Course (Level 3)
Over recent years there has been considerable progress in the understanding and social awareness of mental health related conditions which affect millions of people throughout the UK, including personality disorder, but despite a growing awareness of these conditions, this still remains a misunderstood and often confusing condition to understand.
This training course focuses on what personality disorder is, the different categories and types and the possible causes or influences. This training course also considers the range of associated characteristics, how to recognise these and states professional treatments and practical support ideas. This is a Level 3 accredited course.
- Understand what a personality disorder is
- Understand links between personality, mental health and identity
- Understand possible causes and influences of personality disorder
- Understand different types and categories of personality disorder
- Understand characteristics associated with personality disorders
- Understand how to provide sources of professional treatment and support ideas
- Describe what personality disorder is
- Define the meaning of the words ‘personality’ and ‘disorder’ as separate and collective terms
- Describe how human beings adapt their personality depending different types of relationships and situations
- Identify statistics which relate to personality disorders
- Describe the meaning of the term ‘mental health condition’
- Define the meaning and components of the ‘continuum of mental health’
- Identify different recognised types of mental health conditions (including personality disorder)
- Explain the relationship between mental health, personality, identity and resilience
- Explain different characteristics associated with personality disorder
- Analyse the relationships between personality and identity
- Explain possible causes and influences of personality disorders
- Analyse how personality disorder may be perceived by wider society
- Explain and evaluate different categories of personality disorder
- Explain and evaluate different types of personality disorder
- Explain and evaluate the possible social, emotional, economical and psychological impact of personality disorder
- Consider how personality disorders can affect other people including families and supporters
- Define legislation which supports and protects people with a personality disorder
- Recognise key indicators of a person who may be experiencing a personality disorder
- Explain ways of providing support and signposting for people with personality disorder
The course content are accredited by the Open College Network (OCN) Credit4Learning as a Level 3 course.
Each learner completing this course will receive an accredited Level 3 certificate of learning.
Links to QCF Units
This Personality Disorders training course is designed to meet the standards outlined in the new Children’s Homes (England) Regulations which were introduced on 1st April 2015 and can contribute to outcomes of QCF units including the National Diploma for the Children and Young People’s Workforce. This training course is also suitable for professionals working with adults.
This Personality Disorder training course is designed for professionals working with children and young people including support teams, education professionals and foster carers. This training course is also suitable for professionals working with adults.
This Personality Disorder training course is available as in-house training at a venue of your own choice throughout the UK.
Training Course Duration
1 Day (please contact us if you require training which runs to a different timescale).
Get a Price or more information...
Just fill in this quick form and we will email you an all inclusive price, don't worry we will never add you to any marketing lists - promise. If you want more information first thats great - just get in touch
We ask for location and approximate numbers because we include any expenses in the quotes we give so you get one clear price
If you have any questions, want more information or interested in a series of courses please phone us on 01625 520434 or email us
Why Choose Ringway Training? Read some of our clients past comments