Understanding Smith Magenis Training Course (Level 3)
Smith Magenis syndrome is a genetic condition which is estimated to affect 1 in every 25,000 people and links to the reproductive cell formation at the time of conception.
This training course focuses on the meaning of Smith Magenis syndrome and how it can affect people including the person, families and support teams.
This training course considers the implications which Smith Magenis syndrome can have on support services and the adaptations which may need to be made to provide the required support. This is a Level 3 accredited course.
- Understand what Smith Magenis syndrome is
- Understand possible causes of Smith Magenis syndrome
- Understand associated characteristics of Smith Magenis syndrome
- Understand effects of Smith Magenis syndrome
- Understand adaptations and the practicalities of supporting a person with Smith Magenis syndrome
- Understand ways of providing support
- Describe what Smith Magenis syndrome is
- Explain facts and myths assocoiated with Smith Magenis syndrome
- Describe possible causes of Smith Magenis syndrome
- Explain and evaluate the causes and effects of Smith Magenis syndrome with achieving sleep
- Expain and evaluate the wider effects of Smith Magenis syndrome on families and other key people
- Research characteristics associated with Smith Magenis syndrome and how these can be identified
- Explain and evaluate practical considerations and adaptations which may need to be made in service settings to support a person with Smith Magenis syndrome
- Describe ways of providing support to people with Smith Magenis syndrome
The course content are accredited by the Open College Network (OCN) Credit4Learning as a Level 3 course.
Each learner completing this course will receive an accredited Level 3 certificate of learning.
Links to QCF Units
This Smith Magenis Syndrome Awareness training course is designed to meet the standards outlined in the new Children’s Homes (England) Regulations which were introduced on 1st April 2015 and can contribute to outcomes of QCF units including the National Diploma for the Children and Young People’s Workforce. This course is also relevant to professionals working in the adult sector.
This Smith Magenis Syndrome Awareness training course is designed for professionals working with children and young people including support teams, education professionals and foster carers. This course is also suitable for professionals working with adults.
This Smith Magenis Syndrome Awareness training course is available as in-house training at a venue of your own choice throughout the UK.
Training Course Duration
1 Day (please contact us if you require training which runs to a different timescale).
Get a Price or more information...
Just fill in this quick form and we will email you an all inclusive price, don't worry we will never add you to any marketing lists - promise. If you want more information first thats great - just get in touch
We ask for location and approximate numbers because we include any expenses in the quotes we give so you get one clear price
If you have any questions, want more information or interested in a series of courses please phone us on 01625 520434 or email us
Why Choose Ringway Training? Read some of our clients past comments