Recognising and Responding to Bullying Training Course (Level 3)
Millions of children and young people experience bullying every day and the effects can be distressing and have a lifelong impact. This training course defines what bullying is, considers the effects for vulnerable children and young people, discusses the possible reasons why bullying happens and recognises how different types of bullies ‘operate’.
This training course considers why some children and young people may be particularly vulnerable to bullying, situations which can increase risk, the impact of cyber bullying and social networking and considers ways of providing support to people who have been involved in bullying and in promoting a zero-tolerance approach. This is a Level 3 accredited course.
- Understand what bullying is
- Understand reasons why bullying happens
- Understand methods of bullying
- Understand types of bullies
- Understand different bullying environments
- Understand ways of working with perpetrators of bullying
- Understand ways of working with people who have been bullied
- Describe the meaning of the term ‘bullying’
- Define the three objectives of a bully
- Define legislation which relates to bullying
- Explain possible reasons why bullying can occur
- Describe groups of people who are particularly vulnerable as a victim of bullying
- Analyse different methods of bullying
- Evaluate the different types of bullies
- Describe environments which can increase the risk of bullying occurring
- Evaluate ways of working with perpetrators of bullying
- Describe the different ‘victims’ of bullying
- Explain and evaluate how the internet and social networking can present both positive messages about bullying and also has the potential to enable bullies to connect with their victims
- Describe ways of empowering young people to be aware of and to report bullying
- Describe different ways of supporting people who have been bullied
- Explain the three parts of the ‘Domains of Resilience’
The course content are accredited by the Open College Network (OCN) Credit4Learning as a Level 3 course.
Each learner completing this course will receive an accredited Level 3 certificate of learning.
Links to QCF Units
This bullying awareness training course is designed to meet the standards outlined in the new Children’s Homes (England) Regulations which were introduced on 1st April 2015 and can contribute to outcomes of QCF units including the National Diploma for the Children and Young People’s Workforce.
This Anti-Bullying Training Course is designed for professionals who work with children and young people and need to develop their knowledge of recognising bulling, methods of bullying, safeguards and proactive support.
This Anti-Bullying Training Course is available as in-house training at a venue of your own choice throughout the UK.
Training Course Duration
1 Day (please contact us if you require training which runs to a different timescale).
Get a Price or more information...
Just fill in this quick form and we will email you an all inclusive price, don't worry we will never add you to any marketing lists - promise. If you want more information first thats great - just get in touch
We ask for location and approximate numbers because we include any expenses in the quotes we give so you get one clear price
If you have any questions, want more information or interested in a series of courses please phone us on 01625 520434 or email us
Why Choose Ringway Training? Read some of our clients past comments