We provide training courses which are especially designed for foster carers and agencies and cover a range of topics with a particular focus on the role of foster carers.
We provide training on various disabilities and conditions, safeguarding, lone working, health and safety, and the administration of medication.
Specialist training on working with vulnerable and challenging young people in foster care
We also provide key specialist training in topics such as; Working with Children who have been Abused, Child Sexual Exploitation, Problematic Sexualised Behaviors, E-Safety, Drug, Alcohol and Substance Abuse, Anti-Social and Criminal Activities and Sexual Offences.
Exploring the role of men in foster care
We deliver a specialist training course ‘Men Who Care: Exploring the role of Men in Foster Care’ which focuses on the valuable role men play as foster carers whilst examining the social attitudes and the challenges surrounding expectations and stereotypes.
Meeting all of your health and safety needs
We provide a range of health and safety and food safety training courses which focus on the home environment as a place of work when foster caring and the considerations of lone working.
Training courses which are mapped to national diploma unit outcomes relevant to foster care
Our training courses are designed to meet the relevant unit outcomes of the National Diploma for the Children’s and Young Person’s Workforce (QCF) including relevant foster care unit outcomes.
Training delivered at a time and place which meets the needs of the foster care network
We understand that time is precious as a foster carer and time can be limited, and so we are able to provide training which avoids difficult times, such as school drop of and collection times and school holidays, and we can deliver training courses during the evening and at the weekend.
Please take a look through our list of relevant training courses or search for other training courses of your choice.
List of courses relevant to foster carers and foster agencies
- Appropriate Adult Duties and Responsibilities Training Course (Level 3)
- Autism Spectrum Conditions Training Course (Level 3)
- Challenging Behaviour Training Course (Level 3)
- Children, Young People and Mental Health Training Course (Level 3)
- Data Protection, GDPR and Data Sharing Training Course (Level 3)
- Drug, Alcohol and Substance and Abuse Training Course (Level 3)
- Incident Debriefing Facilitator Training Course (Level 3)
- Lone Working Training Course (Level 3)
- Managing Mental Health at Work Training Course (Level 3)
- Mental Health and Schizophrenia Training Course (Level 3)
- Promoting Positive Mental Health Training Course (Level 3)
- Recognising and Responding to Bullying Training Course (Level 3)
- Risk Assessment in Children and Young People Services Training Course (Level 3)
- Safe Care and Dealing with Allegations Training Course (Level 3)
- Self Harm Training Course (Level 3)
- Sexualised Behaviour Training Course (Level 3)
- Team Leading in Social Care Training Course (Level 3)
- Training the Trainer Course (Level 3)