Understanding Mental Health Training Course (Level 3)
Mental health is a broad term and is associated with many different conditions which will affect an estimated one in four people at some point throughout life and the causes and challenges can be difficult to understand.
This training course provides a good introduction to the meaning of mental health and considers a wide range of different mental health related conditions, considering the possible causes (if known) and an overview of the characteristics which people may experience. The course discusses issues around social attitudes and changing modern perceptions of mental health as well as identifying legislation which provides protection and support. This is a Level 3 accredited course.
- Understand what mental health is
- Understand types of mental health condition
- Understand mental health related legislation
- Understand mental health challenges
- Understand effects of mental health challenges
- Understand influences on mental health
- Understand ways of providing support
- Describe the meaning of the term ‘mental health'
- Define the truths about mental health conditions whilst challenging the myths and misconceptions
- Describe different types of mental health conditions
- Describe legislation which is designed to protect and support people who are affected by mental health conditions
- Analyse social perceptions of mental health conditions
- Describe challenges which different types of mental health conditions may present
- Explain factors which contribute to a person’s mental health
- Explain and evaluate different ways which vulnerable children and young people may be exposed to additional mental health issues such as peer pressure, social media and mobile technology
- Describe ways of promoting self-confidence, independence and self-esteem through proactive support
- Consider ways of providing support and signposting to people who are vulnerable to and/or experiencing mental health conditions
The course content are accredited by the Open College Network (OCN) Credit4Learning as a Level 3 course.
Each learner completing this course will receive an accredited Level 3 certificate of learning.
Links to QCF Units
This Mental Health training course is designed to meet the standards outlined in the new Children’s Homes (England) Regulations which were introduced on 1st April 2015 and can contribute to outcomes of QCF units including the National Diploma for the Children and Young People’s Workforce. This course is also relevant to professionals working in the adult sector.
This Mental Health training course is designed for professionals working with children, young people and adults including support teams, education professionals and foster carers.
This Mental Health training course is available as in-house training at a venue of your own choice throughout the UK.
Training Course Duration
1 Day (please contact us if you require training which runs to a different timescale).
Get a Price or more information...
Just fill in this quick form and we will email you an all inclusive price, don't worry we will never add you to any marketing lists - promise. If you want more information first thats great - just get in touch
We ask for location and approximate numbers because we include any expenses in the quotes we give so you get one clear price
If you have any questions, want more information or interested in a series of courses please phone us on 01625 520434 or email us
Why Choose Ringway Training? Read some of our clients past comments