Working with Prader Willi Training Course (Level 3)
Prader Willi syndrome is a rare genetic condition which affects around 15,000 people and is caused by an absence of chromosome 15.
This training course provides the knowledge about Prader Willi syndrome, the known causes, challenges and considers methods of providing individual support. This is a Level 3 accredited course.
- Understand what Prader Willi syndrome is
- Understand indicators and effects of of Prader Willi syndrome
- Understand characteristics of Prader Willi syndrome
- Understand the challenges of Prader Willi syndrome
- Understand barriers to communiction including Flexibility of Thought
- Understand ways to provide support to people with Prader Willi syndrome
- Describe what Prader Willi syndrome is
- Explain facts and myths associated with Prader Willi syndrome
- Analyse the historical perception Prader Willi syndrome
- Explain and evaluate current research into Prader Willi syndrome
- Explain and evaluate characteristics of Prader Willi syndrome
- Define how characteristics of Prader Willi syndrome can relate to characteristics of autism spectrum conditions
- Describe how Prader Willi syndrome can affect people in different ways during different stages of life
- Explain and evaluate communication barries associated with Prader Willi syndrome including Flexibility of Thought
- Explain additional health considerations for people with Prader Willi syndrome
- Describe practical ways of supporting people with Prader Willi syndrome
The course content are accredited by the Open College Network (OCN) Credit4Learning as a Level 3 course.
Each learner completing this course will receive an accredited Level 3 certificate of learning.
Links to QCF Units
This Prader Willi Syndrome Awareness training course is designed to meet the standards outlined in the new Children’s Homes (England) Regulations which were introduced on 1st April 2015 and can contribute to outcomes of QCF units including the National Diploma for the Children and Young People’s Workforce. This training course is also suitable for professionals working with adults.
This Prader Willi Syndrome Awareness training course is designed for professionals working with children and young people including support teams, education professionals and foster carers. This training course is also suitable for professionals working with adults.
This Prader Willi Syndrome Awareness training course is available as in-house training at a venue of your own choice throughout the UK.
Training Course Duration
1 Day (please contact us if you require training which runs to a different timescale).
Get a Price or more information...
Just fill in this quick form and we will email you an all inclusive price, don't worry we will never add you to any marketing lists - promise. If you want more information first thats great - just get in touch
We ask for location and approximate numbers because we include any expenses in the quotes we give so you get one clear price
If you have any questions, want more information or interested in a series of courses please phone us on 01625 520434 or email us
Why Choose Ringway Training? Read some of our clients past comments