Recognising and Responding to Concerns of Radicalisation Training Course (Level 3)
Radicalisation is a complex, controversial and serious worldwide issue which is described by the UK Youth Offending Team as a process of ‘personal and political transformation’.
In recent years, advances in communication methods (including social media) and changing models of the radiation process and methods of acts of terrorism, mean that more people are vulnerable to the influences of radicalisation than ever before and it is essential for support teams to know what radicalisation is and to recognise and act on potential early indicators.
This training course confirms what radicalisation is and how vulnerable people are influenced using different factors and ideologies and describes the different theories and models of radicalisation.
This training course also confirms the meaning and purpose of the Prevent Duty and Channel Programme and clarifies the requirements which this places on support organisations in order to comply with the statutory requirements of the local authority. This is a Level 3 accredited course.
- Understand what Radicalisation is
- Understand influences of radicalisation and terrorism
- Understand early indicators of radicalisation
- Understand theories and models of radicalisation
- Understand Principles of the Prevent Duty and Channel Programme
- Understand how to provide support and work with others
- Define the meaning of the terms: Radicalisation, Terrorism, Extremism and Violent Extremism
- Identify historical and current occurrences of acts of terrorism
- Explain what ‘push’ and ‘pull’ factors are in relation to radicalisation and terrorism
- Compare examples of both ‘push’ and ‘pull’ influences
- Evaluate perceptions and potential criticisms of Islam which relate to hostilities
- Describe misconceptions relating to poverty and mental health in relation to radicalised behaviours and influences
- Describe possible early indicators that a person may be experiencing a stage or process of radicalisation
- Explain the meaning of ‘Individual Pathways into Radicalisation’
- Summarise the following 'Pathways into Radicalisation' Personal Grievance, Group Grievance, Slippery Slope, Love, Risk and Status and Unfreezing
- Evaluate Biological, Physiological and Societal theories of radicalisation
- Explain the ‘Trafficking Model’ of radicalisation
- Explain the ‘Prevent Pyramid’ model of radicalisation
- Explain the ‘Staircase to Terrorism’ model of radicalisation
- Describe the process of radicalisation from 'Early Involvement' to 'Operationally Active'
- Describe the principles of the UK Prevent Strategy
- Summarise the purpose and legislative powers of the Counter Terrorism and Security Act (2015)
- Explain organisational requirements and procedures in relation to implementing the Prevent Strategy
- Explain local authority requirements and procedures in relation to implementing the Prevent Strategy
- Describe the purpose of the UK Channel Programme
- Define the process which organisations must follow to raise concerns through the UK Channel Programme
- Describe ways to provide support to a young person who is vulnerable to the risk of radicalisation
- Describe the role of a local authority Single Point of Contact (SPOC)
- Confirm the importance of ‘joined up working’ with local authoritie
The course content are accredited by the Open College Network (OCN) Credit4Learning as a Level 3 course.
Each learner completing this course will receive an accredited Level 3 certificate of learning.
Links to QCF Units
This Radicalisation training course (covering the Prevent Duty) can be used as contributing evidence to some outcomes of any relevant units of the Level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare 2015 QCF (England).
This Radicalisation training course is designed for professionals working with children and young people including support teams, education professionals and foster carers. This course is also suitable for people working with young vulnerable adults.
This Radicalisation training course is available as in-house training at a venue of your own choice throughout the UK.
Training Course Duration
1 Day (please contact us if you require training which runs to a different timescale).
Get a Price or more information...
Just fill in this quick form and we will email you an all inclusive price, don't worry we will never add you to any marketing lists - promise. If you want more information first thats great - just get in touch
We ask for location and approximate numbers because we include any expenses in the quotes we give so you get one clear price
If you have any questions, want more information or interested in a series of courses please phone us on 01625 520434 or email us
Why Choose Ringway Training? Read some of our clients past comments