Food Safety in Children and Young People Services (Level 3)
Ensuring high standards of food safety and the ability to demonstrate good knowledge is essential for every sector. This training course is specially designed for children and young people services and considers specific requirements in relation to food safety when working with children and young people and how high standards can be maintained and demonstrated.
This course identifies what practical action can be taken to reduce the risk of food poisoning, how to implement control measures and safeguards and what the law and sector regulations (The Children’s Homes Regulations (2015)) and Ofsted state about Food Safety requirements.
This course considers how to manage food safety standards in relation to shared and supported living and the specific considerations required when working with children and young people and in being prepared for internal audits and external food safety inspections. This is a Level 3 accredited course.
- Understand the importance of ensuring high food safety standards
- Understand specific food safety considerations when working in children and young people services
- Understand food safety risks and ways to provide safeguard
- Understand food safety control requirements
- Understand what the law and sector regulations state about food safety standards
- Understand how to demonstrate high standards of food safety
- Define the importance of ensuring high standards of food safety
- Describe the moral and business reasons of ensuring high standards of food safety
- Explain key terms and meaning associated with food safety
- Identify risks associated when working with children and young people which could impact on maintaining high food safety standards
- Identify ways of safeguarding against potential risks
- Identify risks associated with inadequate food safety standards
- Define and explain the purpose of HACCP
- Consider different types of ‘low’ and ‘high’ risk foods
- Identify was of preventing pest infestation
- Identify different types and suitable uses of personal protective equipment
- Identify temperate control requirements for cooking, cooling and hot holding of foods
- Identify ways to prevent the multiplication of bacteria
- Identify requirements in safe storage of food and stock rotation
- Identify and describe laws which relate to food safety standards
- Define what the Children’s Homes Regulations (2015) state about food safety requirements
- Confirm documentation and evidence which is required for a food safety inspection including internal audits and external inspection from food standards authorities or Ofsted
- Explain ways of ensuring that high standards of food safety are maintained at all times
- Explain specific requirements which relate to working with children and young people which safeguard against risks
The course content are accredited by the Open College Network (OCN) Credit4Learning as a Level 3 course.
Each learner completing this course will receive an accredited Level 3 certificate of learning.
Links to QCF Units
This Recording and Report Writing training course is designed to meet the standards outlined in the new Children’s Homes (England) Regulations which were introduced on 1st April 2015 and can contribute to outcomes of QCF units including the National Diploma for the Children and Young People’s Workforce.
This training course is designed for professionals who provide and/or prepare food in services which work within children and young people including residential support, education settings and education.
This Food Safety training course is available as in-house training at a venue of your own choice throughout the UK.
Training Course Duration
1 Day (please contact us if you require training which runs to a different timescale).
Get a Price or more information...
Just fill in this quick form and we will email you an all inclusive price, don't worry we will never add you to any marketing lists - promise. If you want more information first thats great - just get in touch
We ask for location and approximate numbers because we include any expenses in the quotes we give so you get one clear price
If you have any questions, want more information or interested in a series of courses please phone us on 01625 520434 or email us
Why Choose Ringway Training? Read some of our clients past comments