Health and Safety in Children and Young People Services (Level 3)
This training course is specifically designed for professionals who work in the children and young people services and need to have specific knowledge of how health and safety regulations relate to their work practices and procedures. This training course will consider how current health and safety legislation, policies and procedures are implemented in the children and young person support setting and how work practices are influenced by legislation.
This training course will clarity how health and safety should be monitored and maintained in the work setting to make people (including children and young people) aware of risks and hazards and encourage people to stay as safe as possible.
This training course will consider the risks associated with in-house and external activities, how to respond to accidents, incidents, emergencies and illness in different situations and will identify specific health, safety and welfare considerations for working within children and young people services including lone working, children missing from care and stranger or intruder occurrences.
This training course will also clarify the requirements in terms of effective recording and reporting from health, safety and wellbeing occurrences. This is a Level 3 accredited course.
- Understand requirements for health and safety in children and young people services
- Understand ways to support children and young people to consider risk
- Understand ways to manage risks to health, safety and security in children and young people services
- Understand how to respond to accidents, incidents, emergencies and illness
- Summarise key points of the legislative framework for health, safety and risk management in residential childcare settings for children and young people
- Explain how current health and safety legislation, policies and procedures are implemented in the work setting
- Explain how health and safety is monitored and maintained in the work setting
- Explain how people in the work setting are made aware of risks and hazards and encouraged to work safely
- Analyse the value of risk and challenge for a child or young person’s development and enjoyment of life
- Explain why it is important to take an approach to risk that avoids both excessive risk-taking and excessive risk aversion
- Describe potential conflicts between the rights and choices of children and young people and legal requirements for health and safety and well-being
- Describe factors to consider to ensure the living environment is healthy and safe
- Undertake health and safety risk assessments
- Use the recommendations of risk assessments to manage hazards within the work settings and in off site visits
- Explain how health and safety risk assessments are monitored and reviewed
- Explain the policies and procedures to follow in response to accidents, incidents, injuries, illness and other emergencies
- Describe the procedures for recording and reporting in response to accidents, incidents, injuries, illness and other emergencies
The course content are accredited by the Open College Network (OCN) Credit4Learning as a Level 3 course.
Each learner completing this course will receive an accredited Level 3 certificate of learning.
Links to QCF Units
This Health and Safety training course is designed to meet the standards outlined in the new Children’s Homes (England) Regulations which were introduced on 1st April 2015 and can contribute to outcomes of QCF units including the National Diploma for the Children and Young People’s Workforce and the National Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults).
This Health and Safety training course is suitable for people working in any sector and need to gain knowledge about health and safety including a broad range of related topics and the responsibilities of employees and employers in ensuring the safety of all persons.
This Health and Safety training course is available as in-house training at a venue of your own choice throughout the UK.
Training Course Duration
1 Day (please contact us if you require training which runs to a different timescale).
Get a Price or more information...
Just fill in this quick form and we will email you an all inclusive price, don't worry we will never add you to any marketing lists - promise. If you want more information first thats great - just get in touch
We ask for location and approximate numbers because we include any expenses in the quotes we give so you get one clear price
If you have any questions, want more information or interested in a series of courses please phone us on 01625 520434 or email us
Why Choose Ringway Training? Read some of our clients past comments