Safeguarding Children and Young People Training Course (Level 3)
For any organisation which works with children and young people, safeguarding and child protection is of critical importance and supporters need to be able to recognise the actions and indicators of abuse, how people can be vulnerable and what they need to do to raise concerns about a child or young person’s safety.
This training course identifies what constitutes abuse and considers safe ways of working to reduce the risk of abuse occuring and confirms the procedure to be followed if any concerns or suspicions of abuse are raised. This is a Level 3 accredited course.
- Understand what safeguarding is
- Understand types of vulnerable people
- Understand actions and indicators of abuse
- Understand the effects of abuse
- Understand safeguarding disclosure, recording and reporting procedures
- Understand ways of preventative working
- Understand ways of safeguarding and providing support to vulnerable children and young people
- Describe the meaning of the terms safeguarding, child protection, abuse, exploitation and professional perpetrators
- Explain and evaluate safeguarding requirements of the Children’s Homes Regulations (2015)
- Describe types of people who may have increased vulnerability of being abused
- Define the different types of abuse
- Describe different actions of abuse
- Describe different indicators of abuse
- Compare the positives and issues of the role which social media and social networking can play in child abuse
- Explain the impact abuse can have on a child or young person's feeling of loss, fear and trust
- Define legislation and regulations which protect children and young people from abuse
- Compare the difference between a suspicion, disclosure and allegation of abuse
- Describe the meaning and purpose of whistleblowing
- Explain and evaluate the procedure for recording and reporting suspicions, disclosures and allegations of abuse
- Explain possible barriers to children and young people in disclosing abuse
- Describe ways of ensuring the disclosure procedure is understood and accessible by children and young people
- Describe how allegations of abuse can impact on support teams
- Explain different ways of preventative working which can reduce the likelihood of abuse occurring
- Describe ways of safeguarding and providing support to children who are vulnerable to or have experienced abuse
The course content are accredited by the Open College Network (OCN) Credit4Learning as a Level 3 course.
Each learner completing this course will receive an accredited Level 3 certificate of learning.
Links to QCF Units
This Safeguarding training course is designed to meet the standards outlined in the new Children’s Homes (England) Regulations which were introduced on 1st April 2015 and can contribute to outcomes of QCF units including the National Diploma for the Children and Young People’s Workforce.
This Safeguarding training course is designed for professionals working with children and young people including support teams, education professionals and foster carers.
This Safeguarding training course is available as in-house training at a venue of your own choice throughout the UK.
Training Course Duration
1 Day (please contact us if you require training which runs to a different timescale).
Get a Price or more information...
Just fill in this quick form and we will email you an all inclusive price, don't worry we will never add you to any marketing lists - promise. If you want more information first thats great - just get in touch
We ask for location and approximate numbers because we include any expenses in the quotes we give so you get one clear price
If you have any questions, want more information or interested in a series of courses please phone us on 01625 520434 or email us
Why Choose Ringway Training? Read some of our clients past comments