You can’t turn at the moment without hearing about GDPR, but there is a temptation to think it mainly applies to tech businesses, email marketing and social media but social care business and organisations may be surprised by how much data they actually handle – and often sensitive data.
GDPR comes into force on 25th May and although its late there is no time like the present to ensure you’re compliant. Our data protection training course has been designed for social care and education organisations and so deals directly with typical scenarios of these type of businesses.
Have you thought about:
- Do you do any fundraising? If you do mailings have you got everyone’s consent on your list
- Do you send information about people in your care to other people such as social workers – how are you protecting this data?
- Do you store information about people in your care – who has access, how is protected and do you really need to keep it?
- Do you have a process for people to make subject access requests compliant with the timescales in the new law?
- Do you have a process for reporting suspected data breaches.
If you’re business needs any help addressing any of these questions, our data protection course
could be just want you need to get you on the path to compliance.
Created On 21/05/2018 00:00:00 by Ringway Training
Back to Blog Posts