Working with People who are on the Autism Spectrum Training Course (Level 3)
Autism is a broad-spectrum condition which affects people in many different ways and requires very individual support. This training course confirms what autism is (including Asperger syndrome), considers different ways which people who are on the autism spectrum may be effected and the characteristics which are associated with the condition.
This training course discusses cognitive theories which relate to autism and how people who are on the autism spectrum may need support and adjustment in methods of communication and in preparing for transitions, new tasks or social situations.
This training course considers how people who are on the autism spectrum may have very individual sensory requirements, how to identify these and provides a good range of strategies in providing specific and specialist autism support. This is a Level 3 accredited course.
- Understand what autism is
- Understand autism as a spectrum
- Understand challenges associated with autism
- Understand cognitive theories of autism
- Understand sensory regulation in autism
- Understand ways to support people with autism
- Describe the what autism is (including Asperger syndrome)
- Explain the difference between autism and Asperger syndrome, giving examples of associated characteristics
- Explain what the triad of impairments is and how it is used as part of diagnosis
- Evaluate genetic and cognitive research into autism
- Explain and evaluate the characteristics associated with autism
- Compare and evaluate the possible effects of autism on communication, interaction and imagination
- Define the meaning and effect of Executive Function, Central Coherence and Flexibility of Thought
- Identify the seven sensory integration processes
- Explain the difference between hyper-sensitivity and hypo-sensitivity
- Identify ways to complete sensory profile assessments
- Explain ways providing positive support
The course content are accredited by the Open College Network (OCN) Credit4Learning as a Level 3 course.
Each learner completing this course will receive an accredited Level 3 certificate of learning.
Links to QCF Units
This autism training course is designed to meet the standards outlined in the new Children’s Homes (England) Regulations which were introduced on 1st April 2015 and can contribute to outcomes of QCF units including the National Diploma for the Children and Young People’s Workforce and the National Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults).
This Autism Awareness training course is designed for professionals who work with children and young people (and adults) with autism and need to develop their knowledge of what autism is and the effects of autism, including support teams, education providers and foster carers.
This Autism Awareness training course is available as in-house training at a venue of your own choice throughout the UK.
Training Course Duration
1 Day (please contact us if you require training which runs to a different timescale).
Get a Price or more information...
Just fill in this quick form and we will email you an all inclusive price, don't worry we will never add you to any marketing lists - promise. If you want more information first thats great - just get in touch
We ask for location and approximate numbers because we include any expenses in the quotes we give so you get one clear price
If you have any questions, want more information or interested in a series of courses please phone us on 01625 520434 or email us
Why Choose Ringway Training? Read some of our clients past comments