Autism Spectrum Conditions Training Course (Level 3) - Day 2
Autism is a broad-spectrum condition which affects people in many different ways and requires very individual support. This training course is a follow-on course to ‘Day 1’ which focuses on specific theories of how autism and cognitive development relate to:
- Mental Health
- Sexualised Behaviour
- Self-injurious Behaviour (SIB)
- Obsessive 'Compulsive' Disorder or Behaviour (OCB/D)
This training course describes the possible connections between autism, theories of attachment, reasons why some people may present obsessive type behaviour and how characteristics associated with autism are also recognised as a spectrum of personality ‘disorder’.
This training course considers how autism and anxiety can lead to challenging reactions and compares misconceptions between self-injurious behaviours (SIB) and self-harming. This training course identifies theories between autism, cognitive development, social awareness and sexualised behaviour.
This training course suggests a range of methods of providing specialist support and safeguards for people who are on the autism spectrum. Participants of this course must have already completed ‘Autism Spectrum Conditions – Day 1’. This is a level 3 accredited course.
- Understand the meaning of autism as a spectrum condition and
- Understand cognitive theories relating to autism
- Understand connections between autism, mental health, attachment, obsessive behaviour and personality disorder
- Understand theories relating to autism, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder or Behaviour (OCD/B)
- Understand theories relating to autism, anxiety and self-injurious behaviour (SIB)
- Understand theories relating to autism, social understanding and sexualised behaviour
- Understand challenges and ways of safeguarding and providing support
- Describe the meaning of autism as a developmental condition
- Analyse autism as a spectrum (including Asperger’s)
- Define the purpose of the autism act and the requirements on local authorities and service providers
- Summarise key cognitive theories of associated with autism (Flexibility of Thought, Executive Function and Central Coherence – as focused on as part of the Day 1 course)
- Consider potential links between autism and mental health related conditions
- Evaluate theories which relate to the cognitive effects of autism and personality disorder
- Compare theories which relate to autism and attachment
- Explain theories linking autism to obsessive behaviour
- Discuss the difference and misconceptions between Obsessive Compulsive Behaviours (OCB) and 'Obsessive Compulsive Disorder' (OCD)
- Consider theories which relate autism, anxiety and self-injurious behaviour
- Define the difference between self-harming and self-injurious behaviour
- Discuss theories which relate to autism, social awareness and sexualised behaviour
- Outline the impact which sensory processing challenges can have on a person who is on the autism spectrum
- Define ways of providing support and safeguarding vulnerable people who are on the autism spectrum
The course content are accredited by the Open College Network (OCN) Credit4Learning as a Level 3 course.
Each learner completing this course will receive an accredited Level 3 certificate of learning.
Links to QCF Units
Participants must have already completed 'Day 1' before attending 'Day 2'.
This training course is a follow-on course to 'Autism Spectrum Conditions – Day 1', which focuses on specific subjects relating to autism, cognitive development and mental health related theories and is suitable for support teams, education providers and foster carers. Participants must have already completed 'Day 1' before attending 'Day 2'.
This advanced autism training course is available as in-house training at a venue of your own choice throughout the UK.
Training Course Duration
1 Day (please contact us if you require training which runs to a different timescale).
Get a Price or more information...
Just fill in this quick form and we will email you an all inclusive price, don't worry we will never add you to any marketing lists - promise. If you want more information first thats great - just get in touch
We ask for location and approximate numbers because we include any expenses in the quotes we give so you get one clear price
If you have any questions, want more information or interested in a series of courses please phone us on 01625 520434 or email us
Why Choose Ringway Training? Read some of our clients past comments