Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) Training Course (Level 3)
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) is a condition which affects millions of people worldwide and can create challenges with concentration and holding attention and many people with ADHD will need adaptations to be made to support environments so as to reduce the impact of the condition and reach their full potential.
This training course describes what ADHD is, confirms the different types of ADHD and how these are presented, including cognitive theories.
This training course considers how sensory regulation can effect a person with ADHD and provides practical ways of providing support and making adjustments. This is a Level 3 accredited course.
- Understand what ADHD is
- Understand different types of ADHD
- Understand the characteristics of ADHD
- Understand the diagnosis process of ADHD
- Understand the effects of ADHD
- Understand ways of providing support
- Describe the meaning of ADHD
- Define theories of possible causes of ADHD
- Explain the difference between; Inattentive ADHD, Hyperactive Impulsive ADHD and Combined ADHD
- Describe other conditions associated with ADHD
- Describe the characteristics associated with ADHD
- Analyse the methods and requirements of diagnosing ADHD
- Describe different effects and characteristics associated with ADHD
- Explain the meaning of Executive Brain Function and how this can affect people with ADHD
- Explain the function of the Central Nervous System and how people with ADHD may experience challenges with sensory integration
- Analyse how the effects of ADHD may impact mental health
- Describe different environmental adaptations which can be made to support people with ADHD
The course content are accredited by the Open College Network (OCN) Credit4Learning as a Level 3 course.
Each learner completing this course will receive an accredited Level 3 certificate of learning.
Links to QCF Units
This ADHD training course is designed to meet the standards outlined in the new Children’s Homes (England) Regulations which were introduced on 1st April 2015 and can contribute to outcomes of QCF units including the National Diploma for the Children and Young People’s Workforce.
This ADHD training course is designed for professionals working with children and young people including support teams, education professionals and foster carers. This course is also suitable for professionals supporting adults.
This Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) Training Course is available as in-house training at a venue of your own choice throughout the UK.
Training Course Duration
1 Day (please contact us if you require training which runs to a different timescale).
Get a Price or more information...
Just fill in this quick form and we will email you an all inclusive price, don't worry we will never add you to any marketing lists - promise. If you want more information first thats great - just get in touch
We ask for location and approximate numbers because we include any expenses in the quotes we give so you get one clear price
If you have any questions, want more information or interested in a series of courses please phone us on 01625 520434 or email us
Why Choose Ringway Training? Read some of our clients past comments