Child Development Theories and Practices Training Course (Level 3)
Each child develops at an individual rate and in a way which is personal to them and they will learn at different speeds, explore in different ways and play in different situations.
This training course considers the various recognised theorists approaches towards child development and considers the importance of play in the long term development of young people and how to identify possible indicators of challenged or delayed development, with ideas of how to support this.
This training course identifies the different stages of ‘transition’ which form part of the child development process (intellectual, physiological, physical and emotional) and considers ways of supporting and strengthening the resilience of children and young people. This is a Level 3 accredited course.
- Understand the different theories of child development
- Understand intellectual, physiological, physical and emotional child development transitions
- Understand different theories of attachment
- Understand ways to identify and support potential developmental delays
- Understand how young people experience and react to loss
- Understand ways to promote and strengthen resilience
- Explain the theory of child development
- Describe stages of child development and patterns of behaviour from birth onwards
- Explain and evaluate theories and impacts of the theories of Sigmund Freud, Erik Erikson, Arnold Gesell, John Bowlby, Jean Piaget, lbert Bandura and Abraham Maslow
- Analyse social, biological and cognitive child development theories and their meaning
- Explain different types of attachment theories
- Describe how children and young people experience and react to loss
- Analyse possible reasons for developmental delay and how to monitor and support young people
- Explain the importance of play in child development and how play skills become long term developments
- Explain and evaluate intellectual, physiological, physical and emotional child development transitions
- Describe ways of supporting and strengthening the resilience of children and young people
The course content are accredited by the Open College Network (OCN) Credit4Learning as a Level 3 course.
Each learner completing this course will receive an accredited Level 3 certificate of learning.
Links to QCF Units
This Child Development Theories and Practices training course is designed to meet the standards outlined in the new Children’s Homes (England) Regulations which were introduced on 1st April 2015 and can contribute to outcomes of QCF units including the National Diploma for the Children and Young People’s Workforce.
This Child Development Theories training course is designed for professionals working with children and young people including support teams, education professionals and foster carers.
This Child Development training course is available as in-house training at a venue of your own choice throughout the UK.
Training Course Duration
1 Day (please contact us if you require training which runs to a different timescale).
Get a Price or more information...
Just fill in this quick form and we will email you an all inclusive price, don't worry we will never add you to any marketing lists - promise. If you want more information first thats great - just get in touch
We ask for location and approximate numbers because we include any expenses in the quotes we give so you get one clear price
If you have any questions, want more information or interested in a series of courses please phone us on 01625 520434 or email us
Why Choose Ringway Training? Read some of our clients past comments